We are celebrating Earth Day this week. Just as we have started realising the importance of conservation of our natural environment and taking various steps around it, it is equally important to make kids understand it also. Children are the future of this world. It is more important for them to learn and follow the steps towards saving their environment.
Water is the most important resource and kids love to play with water. However, in this natural tendency, they tend to waste a lot of water. It is important to take necessary steps around their playing with water which should ensure that there is minimum wastage and maximum enjoyment also.
Tips to save water for kids
1. Kids love to play while taking a bath. They love making bubbles and splashing water here and there. While giving kids a bath. Instead of giving them bath in a shower can use a tub filled with water. After bathing the child, the water can be used for washing toilets or flushing.
2. While brushing and washing their hands, they tend to leave the tap running for and play in water. We can make them understand that how it leads to wastage of water and instead keep a bucket full of water in the bathroom for washing their hands or brushing.
3. Children drink less water at a time. If we give them a glass full of water, they leave half of it. We can keep a tumbler or a separate bottle for them and encourage them to drink from it. If they leave water in a glass, encourage them to use that water for the plants.
4. A lot of water is discarded by RO water purifiers. We can collect that water and keep it in a bucket. Let kids use that water for watering the plants or flushing purposes.
5. Tell them about various ways of recycling or reusing water. While washing pulses and vegetables, we can show them that water can be collected in a separate utensil after washing the pulses and vegetables and can be used for various other washing or cleaning purposes.
Water is important for everyone and we need to save every drop of it. If we teach our kids about saving water right from the beginning, they develop the right habits to save every single drop of it.